Sunday, October 14, 2012

Following this blog gives you the inside of an artist's work and struggles. Some paintings may never appear anyplace other than this blog--Not because I've hidden them from the world but that I started work on the painting again and turned it into something else. Remember this one?

My reflections on this painting several posts back made me wonder if I might work some more on it to develop the moment in which one might see both rain and sunshine at one time.

I started out by putting more of the orangy-lemony sun of autumn on the far left side and try to develop the feeling on rain on the left. While doing so I found that I kept having two paintings in one. My challenge was to pull them together. Quite a different effect, isn't it? No doubt there are those who would prefer the more tranquil scene above. That's okay. But it is no more. It has been replace by the painting below which I find more vibrant.
I'm now calling in "A Change in the Seasons."

To everything there is a season. A challenge of human existence can be to live fully into the season in which we find ourselves. Each one in its own time.

1 comment:

  1. Sharyn,
    Thanks for your comment on my blog post "Leaving Houston." Somehow I missed it until today. Your watercolors are beautiful! Thanks for leading me to them.
    I'll think about a post about Silsbee...it shows up from time to time. Maybe more in sermons than blogs for some reason.
    Peace,
    James

    ReplyDelete