Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Like trees planted by streams of water, bearing fruit in due season. . . 

That Scriptural image from Sunday continued to dance in my head.  I found a small scrap of paper with some doodling I had done in oil pastels maybe a year ago. I turned the paper around until I saw the possibility of a tree. Then I took the largest brush I had and used the paint left behind from the last painting. I felt the tree should sing and dance.

As an artist I chose not to put fruit on the tree. (The painting is so loose you might not have recognized it if I had!)

But I cannot put fruit on the tree. The tree will bear the fruit as a natural outcome of drinking from the stream of living water. We can produce many things but that which lasts comes in its own season. I find myself asking if my season has finally come. Will my tree come to bear fruit before winter arrives?

No comments:

Post a Comment